Mental Health Training
Why is Mental Health Training important for your business
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), employers have a duty to look after the mental health of their workers. Stress, anxiety and depression are now the biggest cause of sickness absence in the UK. Our Mental Health Training helps employers manage the mental health of their staff at work, and minimise the risk of absence due to mental health issues.
Our courses equip your staff to deal with mental health at work, teaching them to spot the signs a colleague might be suffering and signposting them to appropriate support. Training your staff demonstrates your commitment to their wellbeing, and helps you create an environment where your staff can thrive.
About our Mental Health First Aid Training Courses
This two day course, backed by MHFA England, will train your employees to become a Mental Health First Aider, and give them an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
They’ll learn how to recognise the warning signs, develop the skills and confidence to reassure a person in distress and give them the knowledge to signpost to further support.
- How to identify the early warning signs of mental ill-health
- Develop confidence to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis
- Learn how to provide support and reassurance through enhanced interpersonal skills and non-judgemental listening
- An awareness of the options available to signpost someone to the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health at work
Our course accreditation:
Our Mental Health First Aid Training is accredited by MHFA England
Learning outcomes includes:
- Spotting the early markers of mental health
- Understand mental health as a disability
- An employer’s duty to consider and make reasonable adjustments
- Learning to assess the facts around absenteeism and using HR Medical Specialists in managing absence
- Understanding the tools of self-mastery
- How to apply this knowledge in the workplace
This course can be delivered on-site at your premises, or at a venue to suit your business. Contact us to discuss a bespoke training course.
Our training equips your managers to spot the signs of someone who is suicidal and gives them the confidence to have a conversation which could save a life.
Learning outcomes includes:
- Identifying the signs that someone might be suicidal
- How to handle difficult conversations
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- How to signpost to support services
This course is run as a 90 minute seminar for up to 20-30 people at a cost of £500 plus VAT for a single session. Please contact us to discuss bespoke training for your organisation
Mental Health First Aid – Brighton
Date: 21 – 22 August 2018
Cost: £300 plus VAT
Time: 9am – 5.30pm
Location: Loch Associates Group, 25 Old Steine, Brighton, BN1 1EL
Bruce made a potentially awkward subject matter really engaging. He was very enthusiastic. I felt that he covered a lot of interesting facts which have helped me understand how I can make a difference.”Mental Health training attendee
Why choose Loch Health for your training?
Our training courses are delivered by experts who have real world experience in managing mental health in the workplace. Our trainers share realistic and practical advice that will ensure attendees are equipped to cope with mental health issues at work.
We can also develop bespoke training courses to suit your requirements and can deliver courses both in-house at your premises, or in a venue to suit you.