Improving poor performance
Improving the performance of your staff
While managing the performance and personal development of employees is a continuous process, certain scenarios can require an intervention. Underperforming staff members can place additional strain on their teammates, in some cases lowering the output of the entire workforce as their colleagues endeavour to pick up the slack.
Managing poor performance is undoubtedly one of the most challenging parts of any manager’s role, but it’s important to address the issue quickly. If a situation is left unattended, working relationships can quickly deteriorate, and the resulting disruption can ripple across the business.
“Your approach is one of collaboration, taking your time to understand the issues, our position, and then working proactively with us in a practical manner.” FD Architecture Firm
How HR Advise Me can help
HR Advise Me’s experienced HR Consultants will work with you to identify the underlying causes of poor performance – be they work-related or personal – and formulate an approach to help manage the situation effectively. Common problems we can help to address include:
- Motivation – the attitude of the employee and their personal investment in the success of the organisation
- Focus and concentration – an employee with low levels of behavioural discipline may be easily distracted from focusing on their tasks
- Interpersonal issues – conflict with team members or management
- Capability – an employee may not have the tools, resources and training necessary to work effectively
- Health related issues – both physical and mental
- Personal circumstances – problems with the employee’s home life, family, finances or relationships may be affecting work performance
- Unsuitability – team reorganisation, re-hiring, or further training for individuals inadequately prepared for a new role
- Communication – between both management and employees
- Excessive workload – may lead to an employee feeling overwhelmed
Through a combination of interviews, HR policies, procedures, coaching and training, HR Advise Me can help you navigate the various challenges of poor performance. With a confident and clearly defined approach, we’ll help to ensure that the process is constructive, respectful and ultimately successful.
Improving performance at team level
Sometimes, it may be the case that an entire team is underperforming, causing the business itself to miss targets and deadlines or to overrun on projects. If you would like to improve your team’s performance, HR Advise Me can help you by providing:
- Coaching for managers to help incentivise staff
- Coaching for managers to identify problems and facilitate early interventions
- Psychometric testing services to help understand and improve team dynamics
If there are conflicts in your team then our accredited mediators in Loch Mediation can step in to help resolve them.
“Thank you for listening to our issue and offering on-the-spot advice, then further reviewing and guidance – which proved very effective and helpful.”
Principal, Executive Search Company
“The services Loch Associates Group provides have become an asset to the Company. Their services are tailored to our requirements, which has added value to our wider health and wellbeing strategy.” HR Advisor, Facilities Management Company
“The speed of their service levels combined with high quality advice always exceeds our expectations and as a result we have been a satisfied client of the firm for over 7 years.” Operations Director, Professional Services